The Tribe Has Spoken

I made my pictogram poster based off the tv game show “Survivor”. The reason I chose this show to base my pictogram poster on is because I really enjoy watching this show with my family each time it comes out. For the past few years, my family and I have been watching every season and we are really into the show right now. This is one of the few things my entire family enjoys watching together which makes it a fun family activity. 

In my artwork I incorporated a torch that my pictogram person is holding to symbolize the torch that each player on the show gets. In this show, when you are voted out, your torch gets snuffed, making it a very important symbol in the game of Survivor. I also incorporated a small island pictogram since this show takes place in the Fiji Islands. One last thing I created to symbolize this game show is I used a similar font to what is used in the show’s logos. These three aspects made my artwork stand out and unique to Survivor. 

I really enjoyed this project and making pictogram artwork and in the end I think it turned out very good, especially since it was my first time making something like this. A few pieces of advice that I would give other students before they start this project is to first choose a movie or tv show that you really enjoy watching because it makes the whole project more fun. Also, I would tell them to make it unique and not try to follow a model or the real logo. Finally I would tell them to choose the aspects of the movie or tv show that are the most important and then add those one’s into your poster as this will make your poster unique to that specific film.