The Dog Detector Tracking Device

I designed my logo based on a business called, “Dog Detector”. This business idea is a dog tracker that you can put on your dog’s collar and it is connected to your phone or other device so that you always know where your dog is at all times. This business was created to help dog owners find their dogs if they ever wandered away from home. I created this business for all dog owners because it is a very easy device to set up and work and saves people from the stress of losing their dog. 

My logo represents my business in a variety of ways. I made the entire shape look like a magnifying glass which symbolizes people searching for their dogs. I also made the handle part of the magnifying glass look like an arrow which is pointing to a dog symbolizing that this product is made to help owners find their dogs. The main part of my logo is the circle with a picture of a dog inside of it. I also made a second circle a little larger and in between the two circles I wrote the business name “Dog Detector” with the word Dog on top and the word Detector on the bottom. All of these aspects of my logo represent that my business is a dog tracker and helps the audience know what product my business sells pretty easily, even without the words of the company on the logo.

My target audience for this business is specifically older people with dogs who live in remote areas of the country. The majority of older people have dogs because of the company and joy dogs are for humans. The reason my business is specifically for older people is because the product is very easy to set up making it an easy product for older people who might have trouble with new technology. Also, I choose older people as my specific audience because they have a harder time chasing after their dogs especially if they have health problems. This product also has a small shock that owners can give to their dogs to alert them to come back home, making older people not have to chase after their dogs too much and get seriously injured. All of the details of this product show that this business idea appeals to this older audience. 

Overall, I think my artwork came out very well. I am proud of the fact that I took a topic, dogs, which I love and created a very good business and logo for the business out of that topic. I am also proud about how I thought of this problem of people losing their dogs in the world and I came up with a simple way of partially solving that problem. I am most proud of my thought on combining a magnifying glass and a dog to make the outline of my logo. I am also very proud of the fact that I choose to add the first word of the company name, Dog, to the top of the magnifying glass and the second word of the company name, Detector, to the bottom of the magnifying glass, while also curving both of these words to fit inside the circular part of the magnifying glass. I think that in the end, I did a very good job at creating my logo and it came out better than I expected.

Although I thought my artwork was very good, there are always things that I could do better, as no human is perfect. One thing in this logo that I thought I could have done better was incorporate the arrow a little better in my logo, because it is a little large and takes away the viewers attention from the main part of the logo which is the dog inside the magnifying glass. I could have probably taken out the arrow from my logo, and it still would have looked good. I also think that my dog picture in my logo is a little plain and I could have made it more of the focus of the logo, which is what I wanted it to be.